A 3-Alarm fire broke out around 1:39 a.m. in one of the Eagle Crest Apartment’s buildings in the 3800 block of Esters Drive on Tuesday, Feb. 13.
When firefighters arrived, the fire had spread through the roof to the attic. Flames and smoke could be seen through the third floor.
No one was hurt, but 12 units were affected by the damages, and 24 people were affected by the fire.
Firefighters shut power off to the entire apartment building, and all residents were relocated to other apartments in the complex by the Red Cross and the apartment management.
“The fire was determined as accidental,” Jack Taylor, Assistant Chief of Operations at Irving Fire Department, said. “It was due to the chimney flue not properly being managed, and that’s what sparked the fire.”
Officials were able to contain the fire within the building.
Texas Trust CFO Named One of Most Powerful Women in Credit Unions
TxDMV announces upcoming deployment of redesigned temporary tags
Texas Attorney General Paxton investigates healthcare industry schemes to inflate insulin prices