Rambler Newspapers has a brand new feature: Recipe of the Week!
Each week, we will be featuring delicious recipes submitted by our readers. This week’s recipe is a hearty Cauliflower Cheese Soup, perfect for a chilly rainy day!
- 1/4 cup water (or more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cans cream of potato soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella or provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat water, butter, carrots, celery and onion over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly until cheese is melted.
Serves 6 to 8