- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salt, flour, sugar and baking soda and stir until well combined.
- In another bowl, beat the oil, sugar and eggs together.
- Stir in the apples, vanilla, and combined dry ingredients. Mix in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into 2 ungreased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 2 loaves
Recipe submitted by Betsy Snethen